Dielectric Transmission makes of DCD Animal Health a versatile tool which at the same time makes it possible to treat any process requiring tissue regeneration, vascular improvement, pain relief and final preparation to achieve an optimal competition performance.
DCD Animal Health Programs
Diathermy Mode for Big Animals
It is a highly-efficient system of Digital Dielectric and Monopolar Diathermy. It induces several synergic physiological effects which have been proven to be beneficial at different levels. In addition, it makes it possible to apply a wide range of therapeutic treatments on different tissues. Dosimetry of the programs has been calculated so as to obtain the highest efficiency rate in the treatment of big animals.
- MUSCLE INJURIES: This is the appropriate program for treatment of pathologies which affect muscle tissue or direct injuries on muscle -for instance traumatisms or tear of muscle fibres, injuries provoked by repetitive charges, injuries provoked by fatigue caused by an excessive amount of physical exercise or ischemia.
- PAIN THERAPY: This is the appropriate program to attenuate or eliminate mild or moderate pain processes whose main origin is inflammatory or muscle-skeletal. It induces an increase in pain threshold level because a direct analgesia by the activation of thermal receptors and a modulation of pain in the medulla as well as an indirect relaxation effect of muscle contracture by vasodilatation and a decrease of local ischemia are produced.
- BIOLOGICAL TRIGGER: It is an appropriate program to recuperate homeostasis in tissues at different levels. Additionally, it accelerates functional recovery and/or reparation of tissues with direct injuries or which have been altered by a determined pathological process.
- NEUROLOGY: It is the appropriate program for symptomatic treatment of dysfunctions or injuries of the central or peripheral nervous system.
- OSTEOARTICULAR INJURIES: It is the appropriate system to treat injuries, overcharges or pathologies which affect the osteoarticular area.
- DERMATHOLOGY: It is the appropriate program to repair or regenerate skin tissue at a local level in benign dermatological injuries which are non-derived from systemic pathologies.
- DRAINING TREATMENT: It is the appropriate program to facilitate the local draining of an area and therefore, to reduce the extravasation of liquids, focalized oedemas and local-inflammation processes.
- TENDON OR LIGAMENT INJURIES: It is the appropriate program to treat pathologies which affect ligaments or tendon structures, both in initial and in advanced degenerative phases (tendinitis, tendinosis, desmopathies…)
Diathermy Mode in Small Animals
This is a Dielectric and Monopolar Digital Diathermy system with calculated program dosimetry so as to obtain the highest effectiveness in the treatment of small animals. It includes the same programs as those mentioned in the Diathermy Mode for Big Animal section.
This is an adapted program to perform application using a static plaque. It allows punctual applications on big areas –for instance, lumbar areas. The presence of the animal is not necessary.
It is highly advisable to prepare the area for the application of other therapies which may be uncomfortable or which are applied following other treatments to reduce the sense of pain provoked by them. Their application induces an increase of the pain threshold level, as a direct analgesia by the activation of thermo-receptors and a modulation of medullar pain is produced, as well as an indirect relaxation effect of muscular contracture by vasodilatation and a decrease in local ischemia.
This mode makes it possible to adjust work parameters in a manual way, according to the specific needs in each case. The program and energy time sequences can be chosen. The scale ranging from 5% to 100% shows the modulation of the electromagnetic wave. When 100% level is reached, this means that the electromagnetic wave is not modulated and the effect obtained will therefore be translated to an increase in tissue temperature (the heat sensation perceived by the subject is the highest one which can be provided by the system).
The more this scale percentage is diminished, the more modulation rises and thermal effect decreases (the heat sensation will gradually decrease). At the same time, piezoelectric and resonator effects increase (both effects are athermic and therefore, they are not perceptible).
These are specifically-designed programs for the treatment of concrete animal conditions.
- LAMINITIS: This is an appropriate program to treat pathologies presenting an interruption or decrease of the level of blood flux towards sensitive and non-sensitive laminar structures joining the distal phalanx (this is a bone inside the hoof whose head is pointed) and the hoof wall. This program normalizes blood circulation within the area and acts on the inflammatory component, which in most cases appears with these alterations. Recovery of the affected tissue is therefore increased.
- RAPTORS: This program has been specifically designed to treat pathologies presenting alteration of osteomuscular and dermal tissues of raptors species –for instance pododermatitis, secondary inflammation in traumatisms, gout, etc.
- Joint pathologies.
- Spinal pathologies.
- Traumatic syndromes: sprains, ligament distensions in chronic or subacute phase, fatigue fractures, luxations and fracture sequels.
- Pain treatment and rehabilitation (joint and muscle rigidity, residual pain, chronic pain, spasticity and muscle contractures, retractile scars, chronic processes with predominant fibrosis or inelasticity, movilization, flexibilization and potentiation).
- Muscle contractures, sequels of contusion and muscle tear.
- Retractions and fibrotic processes.
- The possibility to treat severe inflammatory processes without an increase in tumefaction and oedema.
- The possibility to be used faced with osteosynthesis material.
- Dermatological problems: cicatrization processes, ulcers, benign dermatological injuries, etc.
- Draining treatments: localized oedema, disorders related to venous return, microcirculation problems, etc.
- Neurologic painful syndromes.